- First Reading: Acts 2:14a, 36–41
- Psalm: Psalm 116:1–4, 12–19
- Second Reading: 1 Peter 1:17–23
- Gospel: Luke 24:13–35
- Sermon Title: Oh, There He Is
Archive for April 2020
- First Reading: Acts 2:14a, 22–32
- Psalm: Psalm 16
- Second Reading: 1 Peter 1:3–9
- Gospel Reading: John 20:19–31
- Sermon: Connectedness
- First Reading: Acts 10:34–43
- Psalm: Psalm 118:1–2, 14–240
- Second Reading: Colossians 3:1–4
- Gospel Reading: Matthew 28:1–10
- Sermon: Meet Jesus Where You Are
- First Reading: Isaiah 50:4–9a
- Psalm: Psalm 31:9–16
- Second Reading: Philippians 2:5–11
- Gospel Reading: Matthew 26:14–27:66
- Sermon: Grace Greater than All Schemes
During this four-part series, The Reverend C.W. Dawson uses the book titled “The Cross and the Lynching Tree” by author Doctor James Cone to hold an open conversation about race and religion. This conversation - part four - took place on March 29, 2020, during an online meeting with members of Saint Andrew’s Lutheran Church in Columbia, MO.
If you’d like to follow along with this and other recordings, you can find the book at Skylark Bookshop, in downtown Columbia.
Dr. Dawson’s graciously gave permission to Saint Andrew’s Lutheran Church to allow these recordings to be available.